The Scorpion, later known as the Deathstalker, the Killpion or the Death Scorpion, is a recurring enemy through the entire series. This variant is a yellow-green color with a purple venomous barb on its tail.
Scorpion (Etrian Odyssey)
|These scorpions rely on their poisonous tail for offense and their hard shell for defense.|
|Items||Iron Shell, Stinger|
Scorpions are first encountered on B8F of the Primitive Jungle.
They are the smaller brothers of the Assassins that can be encountered a floor earlier. They share the same moveset, but the Scorpion has much lower stats. For a party that has fought the FOE-version before, this enemy should pose no threat.
- Needle (Uses Legs): Deals damages to a single party member, also may cause Paralysis.
- Venom (Uses Legs): Deals damage to a single party member, also may cause Poison.
- Iron Shell (Worth: 35 en)
- Stinger (Worth: 26 en)
Killpion (Etrian Odyssey II)
|A large scorpion that attacks with its long, venomous tail. Those hit may also be paralyzed.|
|Items||Toxic Barb, Heaven Pin|
|Resistance||Slash, Stab, Bash|
Killpions are first encountered on 16F.
They are one of the stronger enemies that you encounter on the Petal Bridge.They hit for a good amount of damage and are normally encountered in pairs or even with other monsters.
Their skill Needle does more damage than a normal attack and also has a chance of poisoning the target.
- Needle (Uses Legs): Deals damage to a single party member, also may cause Poison.
- Toxic Barb (Worth: 98 en)
- Heaven Pin (Worth: 112 en)
Death Scorpion (Etrian Odyssey III)
Death Scorpions can be found in the 5th Stratum starting on B19F. Their Stone Needle can Petrify a single party member.
- Stone Needle (Uses Legs): Deals damage to a single party member, also may cause Petrify.
- Needle Tail (Worth: 319 en)
- Steel Needle (Worth: 398 en)
- Red Jasper (Worth: 200 en)
Deathstalker (Etrian Odyssey IV)
|A giant scorpion with a hard shell. It carefully gauges its range before striking with its venom.|
|Resistance||Slash, Stab, Bash|
Deathstalker is a common spawn in the Valley Spring, Dense Bushland and bottom floor of Lush Woodlands. It can be very dangerous for new explorers, as it has high resistance to physical attacks and uses the devastating Nerve Stab to paralyze. As it is unable to attack from the back row, it is recommended to defeat them before removing the monsters from the front row.
- Nerve Stab (Uses Legs): Deals Stab damage to a single party member, also may cause Paralysis.
- Needle Tail (Worth: 10 en)
Death Scorpion (Etrian Odyssey Untold)
|These scorpions rely on their poisonous tails for offense and their hard shells for defense.|
|Items||Iron Shell, Venom Barb|
Located in the Primitive Jungle, the Death Scorpion is an enemy that should not be trifled with when first encountered. Not only do they have a high attack and defense, but they can paralyze party members with Numbing Sting.
- Numbing Sting (Uses Legs): Deals damage to a single party member, also may inflict Poison or Paralysis.
- Iron Shell (Worth: 41 en)
- Four Iron Shells are required for the completion of the quest 'Request from the pub II'
- Venom Barb (Worth: 46 en)
Deathstalker (Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold)
Deathstalkers are enemies found in the Petal Bridge, starting from 18F.
These enemies are found usually in the back row of encounters at first, where they will do nothing. Consider finishing them off with poison and elemental attacks before they get to the front row and can use their powerful line piercing Terror Sting.
- Terror Sting (Uses Legs): Deals heavy stab damage with a line-piercing effect. May inflict fear on hit.
- Meteoric Spike (Worth: 358 en)
- Scorpion Claw [Ingredient]